To make the Jelly
1 tbsp Gelatine dissolved in 100 ml boiling water
2 tbsp Natvia (this is a natural sugar replacer). If you do not have access to Natvia, use 4 tbsp of sugar or honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pour milk into small saucepan
- Bring the milk to the boil and quickly remove from the heat. Stir the bottom of the pan to prevent the milk from burning
- Add the natvia (or sugar) and vanilla essence and stir to dissolve the natvia thoroughly.
- Pour in the gelatine mixture (that you have dissolved in boiling water) and whisk until the gelatine is completely dissolved and lump free. The heat from the pan should be enough to enable this.
- Very lightly grease a number of small, or one large mould of your choice with a spray of olive or canola oil.
- Pour milk mixture into moulds and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
- When ready, run a non-serrated knife around the edge of the mould to gently pull the jelly away from the edges. Turn out onto a plate or bowl.
To make the Rhubarb Rose syrup:
250g rhubarb stringed and chopped
1tsp rose water (available from all supermarkets) this is optional
- Simmer all ingredients in a saucepan for 15 mins, stirring occasionally
- Pour mixture through a strainer above a large bowl and leave for 2 hours.
- Discard solids remaining in the strainer
- Use the syrup to pour over milk jellies and serve.
A healthy and very delicious dessert that looks just devine for a special occasion. The great thing with this recipe is that you can make it the day before, to reduce your workload. It simply contains milk, so is a much healthier option for a dessert than chocolate or cheesecake, though it still tastes just as wonderful!
Natvia contains less calories than sugar and is therefore a healthy substitute for people trying to reduce their sugar intake and is my choice for people looking for a substitute to sugar rather than the aspartame type replacers.
- Healthy Plum and Yoghurt Cake (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- A healthy Custard tart? Are you for real? YES WE ARE! (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- Winter Warmer – CHOCOLATE MUG PUDDING. Quick, easy and low sugar (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- Apple and Peach Crumble (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Chocolate Date Loaf (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)