The Chef’s pancakes are my favourite. Light, fluffy, flavoursome.
I’m surprised he’s shared his recipe with you actually. Consider yourself super lucky!
- 260g Self Raising Flour
- 110 Grams Raw Sugar or Coconut Sugar (low G.I)
- 275 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon juice to the milk
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to this bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another large bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until mixture forms a smooth batter, but do not over mix
- Place a frying pan on medium to high heat
- For each pancake you will need 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the olive oil to the pan
- Holding the handle, swirl the oil to coat the surface of the pan
- Ladle the batter into the hot pan
- Cook the batter until you see bubbles forming on top of the batter (after approximately 2 minutes)
- Turn the heat down to low and flip the pancake using a spatula
- Continue to cook for approximately 1 minute
- To check whether the pancake is ready, carefully poke a skewer or tip of knife into the centre of the pancake.
- Pancake is done if it comes out clean
- To serve, pile high and drizzle with maple syrup, bananas, berries and a dollop of delicious cream. We use Maleny Dairies cream because it’s local, thick and contains no nasties
The Chef doesn’t regularly share his recipes , so if you liked this one and think you will give it a go, feel free to leave a comment (and hopefully he will share more!)