There is so much nutrition info floating out there. One week your told the Paleo diet is the only way to eat, the next you learn it is low in calcium and vitamin B and can cause deficiencies.
Which way do you turn? Do you keep trying to get on top of your health but constantly feel like you are doing the wrong thing according to the next article you find on Facebook or other online channels?
Well here are the simple questions to ask yourself.
- Do you eat healthy nutritious food 80% of the time?
- Do you allow yourself a treat every now and then and enjoy it when you do without feeling guilt for the next 3 days?
- Do you have a desire to learn and continue learning about health and nutrition in order to live the healthiest and happiest life you can?
- Does the majority of your diet consist of fresh food?
- Do you gain your nutrition and health information form credible sources by looking at the qualifications of the person providing the information?
- Do you make a conscious decision to steer clear of packaged foods as much as you can
- Do you listen to your satiety signals and stop eating when you are full?
- Do you cook most of your meals at home rather than relying on take away food?
- Do you read recipe magazines to gain inspiration to cook different meals?
- Do you try and eat as many different foods from all the food groups that you can? For example you like to try ALL the green vegetables not just 1?
- Do you actively make choices each day to be healthy?
Well if you do, you are doing a fabulous job and should be mighty proud. It’s not about following the latest nutrition fad. It’s about making the choices above and trying the very best you can working with what you’ve got.
You get a big high five from us!